Season Masterworks Concerts
Janna Hymes will continue as the Williamsburg Symphony's music director and conductor; the 2018-19 season marks her 15th anniversary on the podium. Thank you, Janna, for bringing to our stage such excellent and innovative programming!
Performances for 2017-18 begin at 8:00 p.m. Starting in 2018-19, all performances will start at 7:30 p.m. Unless otherwise noted, concerts will take place at the Kimball Theatre in Merchant Square.
Call (757) 229-9857 to order tickets.
Introducing our 35th Anniversary Season!
September 2018-May 2019
Masterworks Concert 1: September 10 & 11, 2018 (Mon./Tues.)
Featuring Stefan Jackiw, violin
- Mozart: Overture to The Marriage of Figaro
- Shubert: Symphony No. 3 in D major, D.200
- Beethoven: Violin Concerto in D major, Opus 61
Masterworks Concert 2: October 29 & 30, 2018 (Mon./Tues.)
- Rossini: Overture to Il signor Bruschino
- Rossini: Pas de six ballet from William Tell
- Faure: Masques et bergamasques, Opus 112
- Brahms: Symphony No. 2 in D major, Opus 73
Masterworks Concert 3: March 3 & 4, 2019 (Sun./Mon.)
Featuring Sterling Elliott, cello
- Schoenberg: Go
- Khachaturin: Suite from music for the drama Masquerade
- Tchaikovsky: Variations on a Rococo Theme
- Stravinsky: Suite from Pulcinella
Masterworks Concert 4: April 2019
- Copland: An Outdoor Overture
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Capriccio Espangnol, Opus 34
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 6 in B minor, Opus 74, "Pathetique"
Masterworks Concert 5: May 21 & 22, 2019 (Tues./Wed.)
Featuring Tessa Lark, Violin
- Mozart: Divertimento in D major, K.136
- Thurber: Love Letter
- Massenet: Meditation from Thais
- Mahler: Adagietto from Symphony No. 5
- Prokofiev: Symphony No. 1 in D major, Opus 25, "Classical"
The Programs for 2017-2018
Don't miss your final chance to see the WSO in concert this season!
Sensational Finale: May 21 & 22, 2018 (Mon./Tues.)
- Bach: Orchestral Suite No. 1 in C, BWV 1066
- Wagner: Siegfried Ilyll
- Saint-Saens: Symphony No. 2 in A minor, Opus 55
- Program Notes
From the New World: September 25 & 26, 2017
Featuring Jennifer Koh, violin
Mozart Magic: November 15 & 16, 2017
Featuring David Shifrin, clarinet
Couperin Craze: February 26 & 27, 2018
Beethoven's Ninth: April 12, 2018
Featuring: Colleen Daly, soprano; Ann McMahon Quintero, mezzo-soprano; Kirk Dougherty, tenor; Branch Fields, bass
Chorus: CNU Chamber Choir, Men's and Women's Chorus; Virginia Choral Society; Virginia Wesleyan University Singers; Williamsburg Choral Guild
Save the Date for our 35th Anniversary Season Pops Concerts
December 1 & 2, 2018 - Holiday Pops
Multiple performances | Williamsburg Presbyterian Church
January 26, 2019 - Cabaret and Cocktails
8:00 pm | Williamsburg Lodge